From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-02 10:15:13

The library is essentially finished.

It has passed all tests on about 20 different
operating system / compiler / processor combinations
(thanks to the patient help of Boris Gubenko, John Maddock, Markus Schöpflin and others).

The only missing feature, that I can think of,
is a mechanism for having the library use
the isnan, signbit etc provided by the compiler
instead of its own isnan, signbit etc implementations.
(The default might be that if a compiler is C99 compatible,
then the functions provided by the compiler are used,
otherwise the libraries own implementation is used.)

There is also an overlap with the Math Tool Kit library;
both libraries provide implementations of fpclassify, isnan etc.
(The two implementations use completely different approaches.)

My plan has been to have the library included in Boost as an addition to Boost.Math
rather than as an independent library.

However, I'm very busy; the next year will probably decide whether my company
becomes a success or a failure.

Is anyone interested in taking over the library?
If needed, I would be happy to help that person get started.

--Johan