From: Jamie Allsop (ja11sop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-02 15:31:47

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, the holidays were a busy time.

No worries, I clearly had too much time on my hands ;)

> Jamie Allsop wrote:
>> The first thing I am wondering is why this library is not in TRUNK now
>> that it is a part of boost?
>

> The library wasn't ready for 1.35, so I never put it in trunk. Now that
> we've branched for release, I can put accumulators in trunk and continue
> development there.

Fair enough.

General Boost comment not specific to this library: This is really a
side-effect of how we manage our branches and releases. With the move to
SVN I'd imagine this sort of thing will get easier. I'd fully expect
that acceptance of a boost library really should mean it goes into TRUNK
(from now on). Whether or not that library makes it from TRUNK onto a
release branch really is a separate question. That way we can build and
view tests for the library which can only help its development towards a
releasable state.

>> I'd be very interested in seeing a newer version of the library that
>> addresses the many points highlighted during the review or at least know
>> that the library is currently being tidied up and will make into a boost
>> release soon :)
>
> Much of the feedback from the review has already been incorporated into
> the version in the file vault. It's getting there, but slowly. I have a
> day job and libraries shipping in 1.35 that needed maintenance, and
> those took precedence. Sorry for the delay ... the library *will* make
> its appearance in trunk soon.

I look forward to that thanks :)
Jamie