From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-07 12:32:30

Hi,

I have uploaded version 3 of the floating point utilities library to the vault.
The library is in the folder Math - Numerics.

The library provides portable and optimized implementations
of isnan, fpclassify, signbit etc.
It also provides facets for portable handling of infinity and NaN in text streams.

If you want text files with floating point numbers to be portable,
and if the files may contain infinity or NaN,
then you should use this library.
This also applies to text serialization archives.

Compared with version 2, there are only minor changes:

1. I have removed all use of partial template specialization
    and I have added BOOST_TYPENAME and BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT macros.
    Now the library should work with older compilers, such as MSVC 6.5.

2. I now use the header boost/detail/endian.hpp.
    (I didn't before, because I didn't trust that header.
    But I now think it is better to use endian.hpp,
    and to fix any problems with the header as they show up.)

3. General code clean-up and simplification.

4. More discussion of portability issues in the docs.

There are no changes to the interface.

If anyone has time to test the library, I would be interested in the results.

Thank you,
Johan Råde