From: James Talbut (James.Talbut_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-10 04:01:09

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of Gennadiy Rozental
> > > Message above is only a warning. If you don't specify /EHa SE are
not
> > > going to
> > > be caught anyway. The same result can be achieved by using --
> > > catch_system_errors=no in case if you did specify above option
during
> > > compilation. Both cases shoudl serve your purpose.
> > But I want to get rid of the warning.
>
> you can always suppress it in your code.
>
> Gennadiy

But I shouldn't need to, and it would be easier to put a #ifdef around
the usage in the library so that no-one else needs to.

The recommendation to use /EHa is not one that the MSVC devs would agree
with:
http://blogs.msdn.com/dcook/archive/2007/03/28/exceptional-wisdom.aspx
so I think it's a mistake to encourage its use from a boost library.

I think that the changes you've made to use __try instead of
_set_se_translator are great and are (with the exception of trying to
handle AVs) in keeping with all of these recommendations.
It's just a shame that you've still got _set_se_translator and a
recommendation to use /EHa in there.

Jim

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in error, do not use or disclose the information in any way, notify me immediately, and please delete it from your system.