From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-10 10:47:07

James Talbut <James.Talbut <at> omg3d.com> writes:
> > you can always suppress it in your code.
> But I shouldn't need to, and it would be easier to put a #ifdef around
> the usage in the library so that no-one else needs to.

Any extra define complicate the library. It needs to be supported, considered
during components updates and properly explained in documentation.

> The recommendation to use /EHa is not one that the MSVC devs would agree
> with:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/dcook/archive/2007/03/28/exceptional-wisdom.aspx
> so I think it's a mistake to encourage its use from a boost library.

Ok. Thanks for the link. But I agree with comment: it's a bit oversimplified.

> It's just a shame that you've still got _set_se_translator and a
> recommendation to use /EHa in there.

I guess I can remove _set_se_translator for VC8.0 and newer. This should
prevent warning.

Gennadiy