From: JD (jean.daniel.michaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 00:46:59

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> JD <jean.daniel.michaud <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Loglite, the small logging library is back with new features.
>
> Boost.Logging library is about to be reviewed. How do you place your
> submission: as an alternative, as an addition. In former case can you compare
> your approaches, designes etc.
>
> Gennadiy

Loglite is composed of a logger object, aggregating sinks. Each sink
corresponds to an output stream, and each sink is associated to a
format. A format is a list of "log elements". Those "log elements"
corresponds to pieces of information that can be printed with the trace
(date, time, filename, function signature, literal, etc). Moreover, each
sink is flagged with qualifier (channel) and filters on those and also
on mask. All this is contain in one header file and is manipulated with
few macros.

Basically, I have followed the discussion we had with Andrey Shemashev
(who works on its own implementation btw), Caleb Epstein, Austin Bingham
and others a year ago, and wrote down a library that reflects my point
of view of the question. The requirements we defined then, are still on
the wiki.

I would appreciate if you could have a look at the library, or at least
the example and give me your impression.

JD