From: dizzy (dizzy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 09:29:53

Hello

On Friday 11 January 2008 15:47:59 Tobias Schwinger wrote:
> dizzy wrote:
> > I would like to know if boost implements something similar
>
> I just skimmed your post very quicky, but it seems you might perhaps
> want to read this thread:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/27516

Thanks for your link, it was an interesting read (along with the referenced
article). It appears this if-istype/else technique is widely employed when
needing a non-intrusive Visitor, when one cannot modify original hierarchy
API (even tho I can modify it I still prefer the nonintrusive version as I
find the action of needing to visit the hierarchy a decision of the user and
not a feature for the hierarchy to provide it).

So the logic of finding the type liniarly can be rewritten in my code to use
boost::mpl features as from the link provided. Even so, if boost does not
have such a generic Visitor feature, wouldn't it be a good addition?

--
Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy_at_[hidden]
			"Linux is obsolete" -- AST