From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-15 16:30:49

dan marsden wrote:
> Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>> Is the used concept extensible in a way allowing for _structural_
>> changes of the traversed data structure? This would make it usable
>> for tree transformations, which would be especially interesting if
>> used with Spirit.Qi (parsing) and Spirit.Karma (generation).
<snip>
> As for arbitrary transforms from type A to type B, this is probably
> the biggest open question for the library (IMO).

This is the sort of thing that Proto's tree transformations handle
naturally, but Proto transforms only work when the tree nodes can be
differentiated at compile time. Perhaps there is some synergy between
these two libraries.

I'm working on the documentation for Proto's new tree transformation
framework right now. Dan, we should talk.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting