From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-28 16:16:20

James Sutherland wrote:
>> I have not upgraded Boost.Function (I am running version 1.34.0). Is there
>> a potential problem there that could be causing this? I am spawning several
>> threads concurrently, but the segfault consistently occurs while creating
>> the first thread. I am using gcc 3.4.6.
>>
>> I am not seeing this behavior on a simple problem, and haven't been able to
>> reproduce it on a small enough problem to post source code for...
>>
>> James
>
> Updating to version 1.34.1 seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the
> tip.

The Boost.Function thread-safety problem is NOT fixed in 1.34.1. Quote:

   Boost.Function in Boost 1.34.x has a bug that affects the construction
   of Boost.Function objects in a multi-threaded context. The problem
has been
   fixed in the Boost trunk and for the upcoming Boost 1.35.x.

So either you've got a different problem, or it is now masked.

Phil.