From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-31 15:13:09

I have talked to multiple developers about this, yet none has assumed
responsibility, so I'm not sure where to raise this:

Building inside boost/tool/wave/build on trunk fails for me due to a
link error, since wave wants to link to boost_thread, but doesn't link
to -lpthread. (This is the default toolchain on my Fedora 8 box, i.e. GCC.)

I'm not sure where the -lpthread needs to be added (I added it manually
to the link command and it succeeded), or in fact, why wave links to
boost_thread at all. It doesn't use threads underneath, or does it ?

Another point I just touched on with Volodya on IRC is that all tools
are built against the static boost libraries, presumably because Windows
doesn't have the equivalent of -rpath.
Could that be changed at least for non-Windows platforms that would
allow it ?

Thanks,
                Stefan

PS: Thanks for changing the default to only build a single variant. It's
*much* more pleasant to work with trunk now !