From: John Torjo (john.groups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-05 10:34:17

Hi Loïc ,

> Hello,
>
> I've just had a fast look at the doc. I'm using for my work the previous
> version of this library (which was not accepted in boost, but
> nevertheless fits my needs quite well), and my two minutes reading of
> the doc of this new version seems to imply it is more powerfull, more
> configurable, but also more complex to understand.

Indeed so :)
> I'd like to know if there is a document specifying what are the
> functionnal differences between v1 & v2, as well as a transition path
> for existing code using v1.

Basically it's in my TODO list. The v2 of the library is *very*
extensible/flexible, thus docs can go on an on.
So, to answer your question:
- there's no doc yet
- I will provide one after the review

Quick summary:
- On the usage side: BOOST_LOG macro from v1. You'll need to define your
BOOST_LOG similar to this:

#define BOOST_LOGL(lvl) BOOST_LOG_USE_LOG_IF_LEVEL(g_l(), g_log_level(),
lvl )

BOOST_DEFINE_LOG_FILTER(g_log_level, boost::logging::level::holder ) //
holds the application log level
BOOST_DEFINE_LOG(g_l, logger_type) // logger_type - depends on what
logger you want

- On the initialization :
As you see, this is quite different from v1. Just in case you have
problems, showing me the initialization code could help.

Best,
John

--
http://John.Torjo.com -- C++ expert