From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-07 10:29:51

on Thu Feb 07 2008, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

> We've now got two home pages - one for the web site and one for the
> boost-root tree.

What are you referring to as the home page in the boost-root tree?
index.html in the top of our SVN trunk? If so, I was under the
impression that it was supposed to go away in favor of the "one for the
web site."

> We need to figure out how to keep the two in sync without totally
> duplication of effort.

Getting rid of one seems easier ;-)

> The problem is currently compounded by the boost-root tree home page
> using HTML and the web site home page using PHP.
>
> Every developer needs to be able to update "news" content on both home
> pages by adding entries in a single place, using a technology that does
> not involve learning a new markup language or installing a new tool
> chain.

I don't know. Much as I am reluctant to do so, I'm thinking I probably
need to learn PHP to be effective with the new site.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting