From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-09 16:45:06

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> First, sorry for ignoring this for a few days... Been busy with other
>> work :-\
>>
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> Maybe so. In the meantime, we need a procedure for those who don't use
>>> quickbook.
>> Quickbook is the only way to edit the news, history, and downloads. It's
>> the way the web site manages to reuse the same content in various places
>> (by showing it in different forms). Without using quickbook we would end
>> up with a bunch of duplicated content which would quickly go out of
>> sync. As has happened in the past.
>
> Quickbook is fine as long as there is a way for non-quickbook boosters
> to get stuff posted. Maybe the procedure is a simple as posting it to
> the list with a [website] tag.

I'm not sure I understand what you want, and how is it different than
editing the rather simple Quickbook text files. Note, if someone doesn't
want to personally rebuild the web content that's based on quickbook
that's fine. There are other people who will gladly re-build it for you.
Also of note, is that it's *only* Quickbook and Python (and at some not
too distant future Python will also not be needed) that one needs to
regenerate the web content. There's no Boostbook, Docbook, XSLT, etc.
involved.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything