From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-09 16:52:24

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 04:16:31PM -0500, Beman Dawes wrote:
> Unless someone objects, I'll run this command on the following files:
>
> svn propset svn:eol-style native <file>

Great that you want to clean the repository. It's a good idea. The next
step (less critical) is removing the svn:executable property from
non-script files.

> boost-root/tools/regression/test/test-cases/general/bjam.log

There are some files such as this which contain a mixture of DOS and
Unix line endings. That's quite ugly. I'm not sure whether subversion
will properly do the job. It is possible that it rejects committing this
file until the mixed style is cleaned up in a editor (simple search and
replace should do the trick, but on Windows you maybe need to use a hex
editor as some editors do not like handling with \n and \r, vim does the
job :-)).

Just try it out, it will not cause trouble. If it fails I could send a patch.

> boost-root/libs/serialization/borland6ide/test_simple_class.bpf

This file should maybe excluded. It looks like an ordinary text file but
contains also mixed line endings. Not sure whether it is indeed a binary
file. That's the problem with non Open Source programs as Borland's ones,
you cannot check it.

> boost-root/libs/test/test/test_files/errors_handling_test.pattern2
> boost-root/libs/test/test/test_files/test_tools_test.pattern
> boost-root/libs/test/test/test_files/errors_handling_test.pattern

Let's hope the tests do not require DOS endings. They should not and \n
in C++ is normally properly interpreted as the current system's end of
line code. It also affects only test code so go on ...

PS: Do you need a list of wrong usage of svn:executable or can you
create it yourself?

Thanks,
Jens