From: Maik Beckmann (beckmann.maik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-10 12:58:49

Am Sonntag 10 Februar 2008 18:15:05 schrieb Eric Niebler:
> John Torjo wrote:
> > Hi Jens,
> >
> >> I use gdb's command line interface and understand you :-) I suggest you
> >> try out Eclipse together with the CDT (C/C++) module.
>
> I find Eclipse too big and slow for my taste. gdb is terrible. For
> debugging on Linux, I use the Zero debugger: http://www.zero-bugs.com/

Hello Eric

I'm using Eclipse every Day and it can be very fast. The trick is to alter
the eclipse.ini file (same folder as eclipse.exe). The default one is ok for
the java stuff and little C/C++ projects, but for the major ones like boost
and KDE java runs out of memory which make eclipse slow or even crash.
This is the content of my eclipse.ini

-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
-vmargs
-XX:PermSize=256m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-Xms1024m
-Xmx1024m

which makes eclipse fast as lightning on my 64Bit Linux, 4GB Ram, E6600 Box.

Best,
 -- Maik