From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-13 06:01:07

Hi Robert,

I just tried compiling our app with Boost 1.35 on Visual Studio 7.1.
I got a lot of errors (ambiguous symbols, conflicts between Boost and other 3rd party headers).

The problem seems to be that the header text_iarchive.hpp
(but none of the >40 other boost headers that I'm using)
puts the content of namespace boost at global scope.

Here is a simple example that reproduces the problem

// Expected behavior: Should not compile
// Observed behavior with Boost 1.34.1 and MSVC 7.1: Does not compile
// Observed behavior with Boost 1.35 and MSVC 7.1: Does compile

#include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp>
#include <boost/archive/text_iarchive.hpp>
shared_ptr<int> sp;

--Johan Råde