From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-21 11:23:49

John Maddock wrote:
> Johan Råde wrote:
>>
>> When I compile the following code on VC71 with the flag /arch:SSE2 I
>> get an internal compiler error:
>
> Hmm, builds OK with VC8 with that flag, do you have any ideas on a possible
> fix or what it is that trips the compiler up?

In my experience, this kind of problems are almost impossible to debug, and tricky to fix.
Since VC71 is a fairly old compiler, it may not be worth doing it.
It may be enough to investigate the scope of the problem,
and then update the docs.

Do you have a VC71 compiler set up, or do you want me to run some tests for you?
I could compile the regression tests on VC71 with /arch:SSE2.
Just tell what command line I should give to bjam to set the /arch:SSE2 flag :-)

--Johan