From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-21 17:43:00

Well I did a little more Trial & Error experimentation, and I've found that
I get different behavior if I include <Python.h> before <boost/python.hpp>
versus if I just omit <Python.h> inclusion all together. When I only include
<boost/python.hpp>, I get an assertion instead of a crash. This assertion
spits text out to my console window as follows:

*Assertion failed: (op->_ob_prev == NULL) == (op->_ob_next == NULL), file
..\Objects\object.c, line 63*

This assertion occurs during the call to Py_Initialize(). At this point this
seems a little out of scope of boost (since at this point I haven't even
called anything from boost that I'm aware of). I'm going to post this on the
python mailing list to see if I can get some opinions there as well.