From: Brian Ravnsgaard Riis (brian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-24 15:34:12

Marco Costalba wrote:
> Yet another object factory announce!
>
> Sorry to announce another version, but I think "this is the last one" (tm) ;-)
>
> Small, easy to read, self-contained, feature complete, compiler
> friendly, and really really nice (at least for my coding style taste).
>
> I spent a lot of time polishing this toy. IMHO could be an example of
> C++ template programming for beginners/intermediate users.
>

> Interested people could find it in boost vault under the name
> factory_24_2_08.zip, of course any feedback is welcomed.
>
> Thanks for your attention
> Marco

Hi Marco.

Very nice little toy. I promptly implemented it in one of my own
inheritance hierarchies, and it works out of the box. Nice!

I don't deal in raw pointers in application code though (well, if I can
avoid it), so I added methods to the
dispatcher template to return shared_ptrs instead. get_shared_by_key was
the name I hacked up.

But like I said; very nice little toy! :-)

  /Brian Ravnsgaard Riis