From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-03 09:33:04

Robert Ramey wrote:
> I've started to look at the signals/slots libraries for a task I have to do
> and have found it interesting.
>
> I'm curious about the header placement of headers and namespaces used by
> this library.
>
> Specifically I find the following.
>
> boost/signal.hpp containing boost::signal
> boost/visit_each.hpp containing boost::visit_each
> boost/last_value.hpp containnig boost::last_value
>
> as these are part of the signals library, should they be in
> boost/signals/... with namespaces of boost/signal/signal ... etc.?
>
> This is especially confusing in the case of signal.hpp which is not at all
> were one would expect
> to find it.

I do not know where you would expect to find signal.hpp but do not many
libraries place their main header file directly in the boost directory ?

> Are these things where they are due to some oversight? Or were they placed
> there for some
> special reason. Were their separate reviews of these things. They seem to
> be part of
> the signals/slots libraries.

Both visit_each.hpp and last_value.hpp seem to have been put directly in
the boost directory because they may be used by other implementations,
even if currently they may be only used by signals.