From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-04 14:28:40

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I applied the patch and ran the batch file in my visual studio
> installation directory and it did not help. I'm still having the same issue.
> Do the paths applied by vcvars32.bat affect the global path variable, or
> does it only last for the current session of the command prompt? The
> shortcut you instructed to make does not work because Windows Vista does not
> like spaces in the path after the 'call' instruction, so I had to run the
> batch file manually.
>
> Let me know what I need to do to get this working. Thanks.

Sure enough, that solved the problem. You have to run vsvars32.bat within
the same instance of the command prompt that you invoke bjam, or else any
changes made to PATH are not persisted. You should mention this in your
blog! You should also double check the syntax for that shortcut, it doesn't
seem to work either. I went to start >> programs >> accessories >> command
prompt, I right click >> send to >> desktop (create shortcut). I tried to
modify the "target" of this shortcut with how your blog instructed and it
would not work. In any case, thanks for the help.