From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-12 00:12:41

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Christian Henning <chhenning_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Stjepan, quick update. I have fixed an error on my side using MSVC 7.1.
>
> I copied now all code from the first example and get the following
> compiler errors:
>
> [snip errors]

Good news - I was able to get a copy of MSVC 7.1 and at least
replicate these errors :-) When I replace

input >>= proc >>= out;

with

connect(input, proc);
connect(proc, out);

I seem to avoid the error but run into an ICE in the storage component
(timed_generator inherits storage). If I throw out timed_storage and
just feed proc with values manually, I get errors regarding traits_of.
 That I might be able to deal with in time - I would conjecture that
for 7.1, the basic Dataflow.Signals layer might be doable but the
generic components might be really tricky to get to work.

> Weird, I can compile more with 7.1 than with 8. Below is my code.
>
> [snip code]

While I can replicate the errors with 7.1, I am still getting no
errors with 8.0. I will try a fresh download on a fresh comp tomorrow
(gotta put a laptop back together for it :-)). Which revision of the
boost trunk are you working with?

Thanks again,

Stjepan