From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-12 09:58:13

Alright, I can compile the code using MSVC 8. Cool now I can start
toying with it!

> I seem to avoid the error but run into an ICE in the storage component
> (timed_generator inherits storage). If I throw out timed_storage and
> just feed proc with values manually, I get errors regarding traits_of.
> That I might be able to deal with in time - I would conjecture that
> for 7.1, the basic Dataflow.Signals layer might be doable but the
> generic components might be really tricky to get to work.

At the risk of talking out of my ... . A library to review would at
the very least need to compile with MSVC 7.1. I deal with the same
problem right now. Code works for MSVC 8 but trying to make it compile
with MSVC 7.1 is a pain. Also, my code looks good in a sense that I
wouldn't like it to mess it up with preprocessor stuff or
boost/config. Do you think you can rewrite the layer again to have a
work with 7.1?

Christian