From: Darryl Green (darryl.green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-13 08:11:03

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 13:34 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
> on Tue Mar 11 2008, "Darryl Green" <Darryl.Green-AT-maxgaming.com.au> wrote:
> Not without documentation. See
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/libs/property_tree/index.html
> That's an "over-my-dead-body" issue for me.

True. There are docs in the sandbox version
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/libs/property_tree/index.html

which links to
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/libs/property_tree/doc/index.html

However, I take your point - the library is not release ready and needs
at least some "housekeeping" done. Thanks to Sebastian Redl for offering
to take on maintenance. Hopefully not too much work to do to get it
release ready (post 1.35).

My point remains that I don't think libs should be "relegated" from
trunk because they are not release ready. The development guidelines
docs don't seem to require this. A loss of release ready status (eg due
to a new compiler/platform) can happen to any library, at any time, not
just in the case of a newly accepted lib. Code that is not release ready
should not be in the release branch, but trunk is another matter surely?

When I started to look at what it would take to get property tree
release ready I couldn't find any documentation on what a library
developer (or contributor) needs to do to get a lib included in the
tests? I don't have the faintest idea of how the regression test system
works. Are there some docs somewhere? Property_tree is in the release
branch. Despite this it is not in the test results. Unless there is some
mechanism that stops a library in this condition from being included in
the release proper this seems like a problem?

---
Darryl Green