From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-14 01:36:32

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:39 AM, Bruno Lalande <bruno.lalande_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Your bind_mem_fun sounds very useful, not only inside Dataflow. Maybe it
> could be a good thing to integrate it into Boost.Bind and have Dataflow
> taking it there for its own use?

Thanks. It maybe could find a home outside the Dataflow library at
some point (I certainly don't mind using it from someplace else), but
as-is it probably wouldn't fit boost.bind - it returns a
boost::function rather than a bind object, and it expects the object
to be passed by reference rather than wrapped in a boost::ref or sent
as a pointer or by value (that way works better for me, but goes
against boost.bind convention). It also has a dependency on
function_types...

I think it's one of those glue things that doesn't have a clear home
:-( But I agree it would be good to find it one that's less specific
than the Dataflow lib.

Cheers,

Stjepan