From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-14 01:23:05

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Kowalke Oliver (QD IT PA AS)
<Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Another would be to have the consumer keep a copy of the
> > Boost.Signals connection object (for the connection between
> > its producer and itself), and disconnect at will.
>
> I would prefer this solution - maybe signals::filter can provide a bool connected() and void disconnect() function which internaly calls boost::signals::connection::disconnect()?

This is a great idea. I made a little proof of concept example here:
http://tinyurl.com/2zl9ar

There are some minimal comments that explain it. Basically, the
example defines a new type of consumer (tracking_call_consumer) for
which the connect operation will register the connection object with
the consumer. It then implements a simple class (tracking_consumer)
which is a tracking_call_consumer and will disconnect (from all
registered producers) once it has received a specified number of
signals.

Something like this will be a good addition to the library - when I
get more time I'll try to figure out a good way to integrate it with
the existing components, so that any component can be made to track
connections to its consumer ports.

Regards,

Stjepan