From: Kowalke Oliver (QD IT PA AS) (Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-14 02:57:05

Hello Stjepan,

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Kowalke Oliver (QD IT PA AS)
> <Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > > Another would be to have the consumer keep a copy of the >
> > Boost.Signals connection object (for the connection between > its
> > producer and itself), and disconnect at will.
> >
> > I would prefer this solution - maybe signals::filter can
> provide a bool connected() and void disconnect() function
> which internaly calls boost::signals::connection::disconnect()?
>
> This is a great idea. I made a little proof of concept example here:
> http://tinyurl.com/2zl9ar
>
> Something like this will be a good addition to the library -
> when I get more time I'll try to figure out a good way to
> integrate it with the existing components, so that any
> component can be made to track connections to its consumer ports.

Good news!

I don't know if your dataflow library can support selectivly disconnects.
As you wrote in your previous email - one consumer can be connected to multiple
producers. If we can associate the boost::signal::connection with the invokation of
consumers operator() we could establish a selectively disconnect. At least I think it could work this way - but I don't know if it could be supported by your implementation.
What do you think?

best regards,
Oliver