From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-15 09:26:26

On 03/12/08 20:21, Max Motovilov wrote:
[snip]
> Second, while recursive implementation is very similar to the iterative,
> it still generates the combinations in reverse order :) Not important
> for applications I can think of, but still.

*Maybe* one application would be matrix multiplication where the
shape is known but the values aren't. Then the outer product
of n domains, where each domain is range_c<0,size_rank> where
size_rank is the size of the rank-th dimension of the array,
would produce an matrix of the indices's into row of the
left matrix and column of the right matrix.... Sorry, that
explanation is getting too complicated, but anyway, the
order would be important in this case.