From: Divye Kapoor (divyekapoor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-17 07:42:32

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:44 AM, Marcin Kalicinski
<kalita_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> IMO the issues that should be addressed before release are:
> - Simplification by removing some of the template arguments (arguable -
> maybe someone is using that?)
> - Figure out which parsers are unneccessary and get rid of them (cmdline
> parser?)
> - Get some docs toolchain to work properly and provide up-to-date docs. Lots
> of the text can be ported over (and my monkey english corrected :-) from the
> original docs.
> - Speedup through use of a custom container (to replace std::list, needs
> some profiling work if it's even worth it)
>
> If someone could help with the docs toolchain (Quickbook experts? Any
> alternatives?) I'm happy to do the rest. I should probably give up on trying
> to speed it up further and concentrate on getting it into releasable state.

Since this is a library that has already gone under review and
requires some help in reaching release status, wouldn't it be
appropriate to put it up on the Ideas page for the GSoC? Maybe some
student would like to take it up for the summer in case Boost is
accepted as a GSoC mentoring organization.

Regards,
Divye Kapoor

--
Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road moved beneath the
chicken depends upon your frame of reference.