From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-17 08:31:35

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just checked in some new quickbook-based documentation for the
> much-revised thread library on trunk. I expect there's still some
> parts that are inadequate, but given the major changes since Boost
> 1.34, I want to ensure that the new docs are in with the new release.
>
> So, first question: is it OK to commit the new documentation to the
> release branch?

IMO this should be part of the release - I assume the existing docs are
outdated - verging on downright misleading at present? But check with Beman
on this one.

> Second question: I see that many libraries have the generated
> documentation checked in to SVN. Is this recommended practice?

Not as such... but if the libraries documentation has grown too complex
and/or needs it's own XSLT options setting when generating to make it
navigable, then yes by all means.

> Next: The thread library documentation index at
> BOOST_ROOT/libs/thread/doc/index.html redirects to
> BOOST_ROOT/doc/html/thread.html, which in turn redirects to the
> generated version on the website. Is this still appropriate?

Yes, if you're going to building the docs as part of the stuff in /doc/, but
not if you're checking in the generated docs.

> Finally: Are there any glaring omissions that I ought to address
> before 1.35.0 is shipped?

No idea :-)

John.