From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-17 22:26:34

Two warnings...

Faik Catibusic wrote:
> OK, thanks on Your feedback. I have three more questions.
> When someone start developing library, is he works 6 hours per day or it is
> less/more time?
> Can I make plan for six months and after Google Summer of Code 2008 continue
> to work on that library?

I would suggest against planning spending time outside of GSoC. It's
like we don't like it :-) But that it's historically not worked out and
it's easier to measure progress, which we report to Google, on the state
of the project. Although splitting a larger project into parts, and only
doing the first that fit within the time line is fine way to approach
the limitations of a Summer program.

> Can I send two applications, because if you decide that it's too much job
> for me I can lose chances to work on any project for GSOC 2008.(I am also
> interested in developing project about Safe integer project).

Multiple applications are fine. But historically we go for the "better"
applications. So if you are sure you can make two quality applications,
go for it. If not, you probably want to stick to making one of them the
best it can be.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything