From: Kasun Indrasiri (kasun147_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-21 12:47:58

Hi all,

I'm interested in the Boost JSON archive for Boost.serialization project
which is presented in the GSoC2008. I have had good exposure to C/C++ during
my academic life and projects in the past.
The main motivation to select the JSON archive project is that I have
developed a JSON parser for Apache AXIS2/C web service engine and I
successfully completed the project. In that case the parser was written in C
but the task was similar to the requirements of the Boost.serialization.
Therefore I would like to contribute to the Boost C++ community through my
project.

I would like to gain the experience of the Boost.serialization and spirit as
a preparation to the project and it would be a great experience to work with
boost C++.
I also a fan of open source software and currently, an active
contributor(Non-Committer) to *Apache Axis2/C and Apache Rampart/C*.
I would like to share my ideas through the Boost mailing lists.

*As an initial step I went through the Boost Spirit and Serialization and
gain the basic knowledge of those things. Currently I do have a pretty
simple question that in the JSON Archives do we have to worry about the
relevant XML mapping criteria (Badgerfish or Mapped) because JSON may use as
an alternative to XML. And also there are few areas that JSON is really lack
in supporting some requirements (basically in as an alternative to XML) of
the real world applications.*

Thanks.
Kasun Indrasiri.