From: Zero Mind (lord.zerom1nd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-21 14:14:52
My name is Pawel Kieliszczyk. I'm a student of Wroclaw University of
Technology in Poland.
My idea for a GSoC project was to biuld an advanced library for polynomial
manipulation. Boost offers a simple class with basic operations here:
and usefull functions here:
John Maddock suggested me via e-mail to improve and extend this library.
I would like to introduce to you my proposals.
What could be added?
- multiplication algorithm using FFT
- '/', '/=', '%' and '%=' operators
- greatest common divisor of polynomials
- derivatives and integrals
- conversions between various polynomial forms
- faster evaluation of a polynomial
- finding a polynomial if n points are given (degree of a polynomial is n-1)
- I am still thinking.
Generally speaking the library would become more advanced.
What do you think about this?
Please ask also if you have any questions.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk