From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-22 14:48:44

Michael Dickey wrote:

> Today, I've decided to commit to winding down the Pion Network Library
> as an independent project, and merging all the code (about 15,000
> lines) into the cpp-netlib project...
> Dean, Glyn and I are excited about merging the two projects and
> developer communities, and I am happy to be part of what is now the
> definitive candidate for a Boost networking protocol library.

When Boost started ten years ago, a well-know software guru predicted it
would never go anywhere because software developers wouldn't be able to
get along together, and would always be forking the code and fighting
among themselves.

The Boost Community has in fact done just the opposite. We know there is
great strength (and better quality software) in working together,
sharing, and acknowledging contributions.

So I'm really happy that cpp-netlib and Pion are joining their efforts.
The net effect (pun intended) is very likely be a stronger networking
protocol library.

--Beman