From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-23 02:11:23

On trunk, revision 43795.

Does anyone know why these are failing? These are the only tests failing
on my machine (g++ 4.1.3 on 32-bit Linux). Additionally test_*_dll don't
seem to be running either... Anyway, the error I see is:

../libs/serialization/test/test_tools.hpp(182): unregistered void cast in
function 'int main(int, char**)'

>From a quick inspection, it appears that the cast between base and
derived never gets registered.

I'm actually unsure as to how the void cast can get registered *before*
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_BASE_OBJECT_NVP(Base) gets executed and therefore,
I'm not sure how these tests are passing anywhere else.

Where/when is the Base<->Derived cast supposed to be registered in
test_exported.cpp? I can only see it being registered when serialize is
called for the first time on the polymorphic_derived[12].

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com