From: Esteve Fernandez (esteve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-24 07:40:27

El Domingo 23 Marzo 2008 22:08:17 Jeff Garland escribió:
> I'm reviewing them (as are others listening here) and really suggest they
> listen to you :-) I was actually unaware of the object graph limitations
> in JSON. Of course it turns out there's at least one proposal to fix these
> problems:
>
> http://www.jspon.org/?mode=html&noscript=true
>
> Or the project could specify limitations to the types that can be
> serialized in the archive. That's up to the students to propose...

Yep, on the other hand YAML doesn't have these limitations. Actually it
supports class versioning (well, sort of) and object referencing (with "&")
out of the box.

Although it hasn't been discussed earlier, can I propose a YAML archive for
Boost.serialization? The only problem I see is that there's no Boost.Spirit
parser for YAML and its syntax is more complex than the JSON one. However,
there's an official implementation in C [1], used by all the existing YAML
parsers. But I guess a Spirit-based parser is nicer.

Cheers.

1 - http://pyyaml.org/wiki/LibYAML