From: Federico J. Fernández (ffernandez_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 08:28:06

> Given your (yet to be written) project proposal gets accepted I'ld like to
> consider mentoring it since I have got a lot of GIS experience/background
> over the last 10-15 years or so.
>
> But I think that you should make your project proposal well focused to a
> narrow domain to be doable in the short timeframe provided by GSoC. Either
> topic (spatial indexing and coordinate transformations) are rather complex
> and I doubt these are small enough to be finished in 3 months (as long as
> you don't have any partial implementations available, that is).

Hi Hartmut!

Thanks for your interest. We don't have any partial implementations
yet, so maybe it's a good idea to only take the spatial indexing part
(that is more interesting to me). I only have some experience using
other implementations and hacking them.

So, I'll start with the proposal this days and start asking questions
about it..! :) Hope you and Barend can answer..!! :D

Any general advice?

--
federico