From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-26 05:33:26

/index.html#accumulators.preface.

You might be able to have quite a lot of fun combining Boost.Accumlators and the Math Toolkit to demonstrate some of the common
statistics tricks - a step up towards a SAS/SPS style GUI Stats package, but still in the 'C++ domain'?

>I'll give it another try (this time I checked the docs more
>thoroughly :)).

>While I was thinking about the library I thought it would be
>good to have
>a general set of algorithms for dealing with real functions.
>So I thought about numerically computing some popular functionals:
>
>get_derivative(Fun f);
>get_integral(Fun f);
>get_definite_integral(Fun f, T a, T b);
>get_function(samples); // e.g. interpolation with a
>polynomial/splines/...
>get_polynomial_approximation(Fun f);
>
>and transforms: FFT, wavelet transform, etc.
>
>Fun could be anything with T operator()(T x):
>get_integral(_1*_1+_1)(x);

Also interesting of course.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]