From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-26 16:15:15

> I understand what the original poster was trying to convey, and your opinion is valid,
> but they both need much more clarification than saying things should be interchangeable.

Indeed, things have to be clear on that point, and I'm a bit confused
about what really constitutes the concept of a point. What I have
understood until now is that a class is the point if it exposes:
* the value<>() getter and setter
* coordinate_type
* coordinate_count

and that besides this, the .x and .y of the point_xy class were just
some syntactic helpers provided for an easier external use of this
class. But I see that almost all the algorithms use .x and .y, which
means that they won't work with the basic concept I just described.
Shouldn't all those algorithms be implemented in terms of value<>()
accesses ?

Some headers that use .x and .y:
area.hpp
strategies_point_xy.hpp