From: Douglas Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 09:14:02

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 21:14 -0300, Cristianno Martins wrote:
> I'm Cristianno Martins, I'm starting master degree at State University of
> Campinas (Brazil), and I'm very interested in participate of a Google Summer
> of Code Project.

Welcome!

> This is the first time that I'm intending to develop some open source code.
> There are many projects listed in GSoC home page, and I almost read all of
> them, choosing two or three to write a propose.

Usually, it is best to focus your energy on a single project that you're
very interested in. Take the time to write a detailed proposal for that
project to give it the best chance of success.

> So, I really liked two ideas between the boost potential projects:
> - safe integer -> basically, a creation of a template class to safely access
> values in the memory;
> - parallelizing Boost.Math -> using OpenMP to enable the source of
> Boost.Math to run in multicore systems.
>
> I actually believe that I can do anyone of them, and I wanna propose a
> project to each one. I only needed to know if anything is being done about
> some of those. I also wanna know if someone have ideas to be done in these
> projects and aren't listed at the Boost projects list.

We often receive several applications for projects listed on the Boost
projects list. That's why it is best to write a solid proposal that
makes you stand out.

  - Doug