From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-01 14:14:43

Roland Schwartz wrote:

> I have seen some attempts from library authors,
> e.g. boost/thread/win32/conditiona_variable.hpp
> to get rid of the annoying MSVC warnings.
>
> However this seems not to work (at least on my machine).

How does the pragma work? Does it disable all warnings, or only warnings
in subsequent declarations? Does the warning state apply when a
template class is declared or instantiated?

John Maddock wrote:
> Anthony Williams wrote:
> >> Couldn't this issue be handled by the boost config headers?
> >
> > That would seem better than handling it on a case-by-case basis, but
> > it might change things for user code too (i.e. any code included
> > *after* the boost headers).

In VC8, there is #pragma push_macro and pop_macro

> It's also fragile: it only works if the Boost header is the first
header
> included, and if that header doesn't include any std lib headers
before
> boost/config.hpp :-(

But what if there is other truly deprecated code? Isn't disabling the
macro much more specific than disabling all warnings for all deprecated
code?

-- John Femiani