From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-01 14:22:33

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:20 AM, salinda h <salinda215_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Interesting. Have you checked that there isn't something available
> already on
> > asio...not sure, but I think someone might have already done something
> like
> > this. That said, AFAIK it's not in Boost so this would be a nice
> extension.
>
> Thanks to Paolo Coletta's reply, I found the CodeProject article by Jarl
> Lindrud "RCF - Interprocess communication for C++". It is similar to what I
> suggested. Since it is not in a Boost library form Paulo suggests possible
>
> integration between this library and boost.interface.

Hello,

Last year before GSoC I started working on a remote invocation
library, it's in the sandbox:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/rpc/

I abandoned it when I started my GSoC project and I don't remember
documenting it very well (if at all), but maybe you'll find something
useful in there (or not). I think the next step I was going to do was
to look at Boost.Extension and align the remote invocation stuff to
their interface. But I never got to that, and probably won't for a
long long time.

Also, IIRC I contacted Jarl Lindrud to see if he wanted to collaborate
on boostifying his lib but back then he didn't have the time. But I
don't think he was opposed to the idea.

Regards,

Stjepan