From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-01 19:31:41

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 00:51:21 +0200, Jeremy Pack <rostovpack_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Boris,
>
> I've already got the first issue in my queue to fix. I'll add the second
> one
> as well. For the sake of Windows users, I may allow either wide or
> standard
> characters for the relevant function calls. Any thoughts?

I would definitely prefer if the interface is either wide or standard
character-based on every operating system the library is supported on.
Standard characters seem to be a natural choice then if a decision between
the two types has to be made. Looking at the entire Boost distribution
this also seems to be more consistent as I know for example that
Boost.Interprocess only works with standard characters, too.

By the way, this reminds me of another question: Is there any reason why
const char* is used and not std::string where strings are expected?

Boris