From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-01 21:22:46

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Jonathan Biggar <jon_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> As far as re-engineering the C++ binding, it will almost certainly have
> to be done by someone outside the OMG and presented as a completed work.

I'd be inclined scrap everything but IIOP (even that is debatable), and
create something more lightweight, picking and choosing the bits from the
CORBA architecture that make sense. Don't bother with the OMG, and make it
*not* CORBA (per se). Eventually standardize the wire protocol and language
bindings w/ some standards body. And in essence, build something Awesome
that people actually *want* to use.

Cutting OMG and any sort of CORBA compliance out of the picture, I'd even be
willing to help... A lot.
:-)

Jon