From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-04 08:42:48

Crossposting to Boost.Build...

> > error_code.cpp contains the following #defines:
> >
> > #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
> > #define _SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
> >
> > It should first check that these macros are not defined already.
> > Otherwise users who #define these macros on the command line will
> > received duplicate definition errors, as I am. Also, you might
> > consider adding:
> >
> > #define _SECURE_SCL 0
> >
> > for VC 9.
>
> I'ld rather have it somewhere in Boost.Config. Every library has to
> deal with these, so why not silence the warnings once and for all.

In fact I'ld suggest to add:

//
// silence 'secure' and 'deprecate' warnings
//
#if (_MSC_VER >= 1400) && !defined(BOOST_ENABLE_DEPRECATE_WARNINGS)
#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
#define _SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
#endif

#if (_MSC_VER >= 1400) && !defined(BOOST_ENABLE_SECURE_WARNINGS)
#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
#define _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
#endif

to the file boost/config/compiler/visual.hpp, which should solve the issue
for all libraries. I'm not sure about the _SECURE_SCL for VC9 (I don't use
this compiler).

Any comments?
Regards Hartmut