From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-04 08:24:07

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>> error_code.cpp contains the following #defines:
>>
>> #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
>> #define _SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
>>
>> It should first check that these macros are not defined already.
>> Otherwise users who #define these macros on the command line will
>> received duplicate definition errors, as I am. Also, you might
>> consider adding:
>>
>> #define _SECURE_SCL 0
>>
>> for VC 9.
>
> I'ld rather have it somewhere in Boost.Config. Every library has to
> deal
> with these, so why not silence the warnings once and for all.

I thought we'd been through this: defining those in a header is *too late*
to do any good, these global macros have to be set either by the build
system, or at the top of a .cpp file *before* any headers are included, in
the latter case there should also be a check that they weren't previously
set on the command line.

John.