From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-04 12:03:00

Hello,

Yesterday I had to write a program that compiles 2 forms of
executables: a standalone version that takes its parameters from the
command line, and another one that serves as a CGI program and thus
takes exactly the same parameters but from stdin (POST method). I
naturally chose Boost.ProgramOptions for the first one, and did the
job by myself for the second one. I finally realized that I was doing
fundamentally the same thing as what a ProgramOptions parser basically
does: parsing a name=value series of variables, checking unknown
values, assign them to variables, etc... plus a few formatting work to
handle URL format specificities.

So in the end I was wondering if a "cgi_query_parser" would be
appreciated as an addition to the parsers already present in
Boost.ProgramOptions? I can directly see the benefits inside my own
program since the 2 versions would only differ on one line of code.
>From a more general point of view, it could be a simple way to have a
CGI support somewhere in Boost.

If such a thing can be interesting, I can take a few time to implement it.

Regards
Bruno