From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-04 18:59:34

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:03:00 +0200, Bruno Lalande
<bruno.lalande_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]So in the end I was wondering if a "cgi_query_parser" would be
> appreciated as an addition to the parsers already present in
> Boost.ProgramOptions? I can directly see the benefits inside my own
> program since the 2 versions would only differ on one line of code.
>> From a more general point of view, it could be a simple way to have a
> CGI support somewhere in Boost.
>
> If such a thing can be interesting, I can take a few time to implement
> it.

I'm interested in a more general approach to extend Boost.ProgramOptions
with new parsers. Then you could add a CGI query parser while I could add
a parser which reads configuration data from JSON files. Then however
Boost.ProgramOptions would need to support something more sophisticated
than key=value pairs. I'm not sure if this can be easily generalized?

Boris