From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-08 14:52:37

Hi,

This crash has always occurred, even since 1.34.1. It's now reproducible in
1.35. I use the following command line to build boost in such a way that
Boost.Python links against the debug python libraries:

bjam --toolset=msvc --layout=system link=shared threading=multi
variant=debug python-debugging=on stage

Note that Visual Studio 2008 is the only MSVC compiler installed on my
system. I'm using Python 2.5.2. Any time I call into a Boost.Python function
I get an access violation when writing to location 0x00000000. Note that I
have been able to get crashes when calling the initMyInterface() function
for BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(MyInterface), I also have gotten this crash when
calling into boost::list::insert().

I have no idea what the issue could be. Note that when I built Boost.Python
(debug) using the visual studio project before it was removed in 1.35, it
worked perfectly. Any help is greatly appreciated since this is a complete
blocker issue for me.