From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-18 08:19:03

Richard Webb wrote:
> To confirm i've got the right idea about the failure:
> The test that's failing is using the tr1 basic_regex along with a
> boost traits class. The boost traits class uses a bitset for the
> char_class_type, whereas the MS version uses an int.
> The failure is then because the MS regex can't handle a bitset as the
> char_class_type, due to the lack of an operator&& ?

Correct, bitsets (and bitmask types in general) aren't required to support
operator&&.

> The only other failure outside type_traits that i haven't raised yet
> is in result_of (http://tinyurl.com/5gg58e). I haven't used result_of
> and i'm not sure what problem the failure indicates. Does anyone have
> any other thoughts about it?

Looks like a bug in the MS implementation to me, the test case appears to be
something like:

typedef int (&func_ref)(float, double);
typedef result_of<function_ref(float,double)>::type result_type; // error
here.

HTH, John.